Senior Operations Software Engineer
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
For our office in Athens we are looking for a Senior Operations Engineer for the Engineering Operations team. As the team takes on new responsibilities and also grows in size, there is an opportunity for a senior member of the team who will coach and support their teammates in day to day activities, as well as take on new or complex operations.
You will work with the rest of the team to:
- Develop software to automate operational procedures
- Work with other departments to facilitate their operational needs, by delivering tools, implementing processes, or providing access to data they need
- Respond to technical customer questions escalated by the Customer Support team
- Investigate and resolve (or recommend solutions for) production issues
- Perform root cause analysis for production issues/errors and classify their impact to the customers; recommend changes to Product that will reduce future occurrences of errors or improve the customer experience
- Work with Product during the implementation of features to ensure their design meets operational and reporting requirements
You will also
- Review and continuously improve our software development practices through design reviews, code reviews, and updates to our software development process
- Review operating processes and identify ways to enhance the efficiency, quality and consistency of the work performed
- Monitor integrations and reconcile partner reports with internal reports
- Understand how Workable delivers value to customers and automate the detection of issues that have a negative impact on the benefits our customers derive from the product
You must have:
- at least four years total experience in consulting, software engineering, operations, business analysis, or other technical and customer-facing roles
- a strong Computer Science background, with experience in software development
- a relevant degree (Computer Science, Engineering)
- fluent in a modern programming language, preferably for Python or Ruby
- working knowledge of databases and SQL
- some knowledge of AWS services (Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Amazon RDS etc), a plus.
You must be:
- a team player and an excellent communicator, able to adapt your message to your audience
- a stickler for detail, not letting anything slip through the cracks, while keeping an eye on the big picture
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Continued learning and a training budget that includes frequent international conferences, books, online courses
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.