Workable is a product-driven software company. With thousands of enterprise users and millions of dollars in venture funding, we're building the best recruiting software in the world. A frictionless, robust and highly scalable product that helps companies find and hire great people. The quality, design and usability of our software is what sets us apart from the competition. This is an opportunity to join a world-class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
Now, if you are excited with mobile technologies bring your passion for Android and join an exceptional engineering team that crafts the best recruiting product in the world. Become part of a company that invested on mobile from the very start and now needs your help to double down on that. It's great to be an engineer in a company that values good engineering above all.
- A CS Degree
- 1-3 years of experience working on Android
- Comfortable with Java and Git
- Solid understanding of the Android SDK
- Love for coding
What would be great
- Knowing how to write your tests
- Experience with Kotlin, Groovy or other modern languages
- Reactive programming
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll develop the product on Android
- You’ll write your tests and maintain a changeLog
- You’ll work with a robust CI pipeline at your disposal
- You’ll code in pairs & review the code of your peers (may have a few long discussions while you’re at it)
- You’ll present new technologies, practices and tools to your colleagues
- You’ll write design documents
- You’ll work in scrum cycles
- You’ll come up with ways to improve the developer experience
- You'll work closely with our awesome designers and the rest of the engineering team
What to expect
- To focus on great UX & good engineering
- To make the most out of the Android platform
- To shape the product
- To create software that is used daily by thousands of users
- To stay up-to-date with new technologies & trends - we’re talking about geeky stuff.
- To become pro with Git - like super pro.
- To have access to online training & attend the best tech conferences
- Kotlin and a bit of Java
- minSDK: 21 - so you can leave your baggage behind
- All the latest goodies like RxJava 2, Dagger 2, Retrofit, Jetpack components, Protocol Buffers, Firebase
- Pipelines on Jenkins CI
* Tooling may and will change. We’re pro good engineering and coding paradigms rather than specific libraries.
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Private health insurance plan
- Mobile plan
- Free meals, snacks and beverages
- Workstation hardware of your choice
- Personal education/training budget (including international conferences)
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunities employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.