Lead Software Engineer
Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our growing Product team!
We have a team of remarkably talented and friendly developers, a strong engineering culture and a dogged emphasis on customer-centric design. We're working on all sorts of exciting areas of application development: web, mobile, infrastructure, performance, UI/UX design, integrations with dozens of web services, API development, modern front-end frameworks, scalability, video, natural language processing, data science and usability engineering. Agile methodology and test-driven development are not things we read about in blogs, it's what we do every day.
As a lead software engineer leader you will:
- Develop a team of software engineers through coaching, mentoring and management.
- Maintain high levels of development practices including technical design, solution development, systems configuration, documentation, test, issue identification and resolution, writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team.
- Work closely with the product manager to enable sustainable delivery.
- Work closely with the Talent team to hire and onboard engineers.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Partner with other managers and engineers across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities and dependencies to mitigate risks and issues.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas, and features to a broad audience effectively.
- A minimum of fιve years of full time industry experience leading software development teams (preferably using Ruby, Node or Java)
- Ability to perform end-to-end application development and manage an entire app
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Being passionate about code quality
- Ability to respectfully review code and be a mentor with leadership skills
- A strong background in relational database theory and excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres, MySQL, SQL server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with NOSQL storage (MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, etc.)
- A firm grasp of multi-threading, object-oriented design and asynchronous programming
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Aside from these basics, we'll give extra credit to candidates that have experience in any of the following:
- Previews work experience with Agile techniques (e.g. Scrum Master)
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art information security practices
- Experience with Amazon AWS platform or Kubernetes
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Continued learning and training budget
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.