Senior Software Engineer
Workable is a product-driven software company. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we're building the best recruiting software in the world. A frictionless, usable, robust and highly scalable product that helps companies find and meet great people. The quality, design and usability of our software is what sets us apart from the competition. It's good to be an engineer in a company that values good engineering above all. We have a team of remarkably talented and friendly developers and data scientists, a strong engineering culture and a dogged emphasis on customer-centric design. Agile methodology and test-driven development are not things we read about in blogs, it's what we do every day.
The Data Science team works on NLP, recommender systems, fraud and outlier detection, information integration, data cleaning, learning-based knowledge management, and more. Our software is integrated into multiple modules of the Workable product. Our technology stack in Data Science consists of Python and Java apps using PostgreSQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redshift and Elastic deployed on AWS.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, expert in Python and/or Java, with some data science exposure, to join our team and produce high-quality software solutions. In this role, you will define software requirements, propose architectural approaches for software design with attention to performance, system integration and feasibility, and take the lead on new projects.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer, with at least four (4) years of industry experience developing and maintaining software systems in production
- Expert knowledge of one of Python or Java and excellent knowledge of the other
- Expertise with frameworks and tools, especially Flask (or Django) and Celery for Python, and SpringBoot for Java
- A firm grasp of multi-threading, object-oriented design and asynchronous programming
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or open source search engines (e.g. Elastic Search)
- Familiarity with AWS
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and facility with algorithmic thinking
Aside from these basics, we'll give extra credit to candidates that have any of the following:
- Experience with building and maintaining production machine learning systems
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience with ML frameworks such (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with virtualization/containerization software (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with distributed computing platforms (e.g. Spark)
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Discounts in wellness programs (gyms and Yoga classes)
- Continued learning and training budget
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.