Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
Workable is a company that cares deeply about design and user experience. Our business relies on software that's frictionless, usable and completely self-service for enterprise users. Our design DNA sets us apart and our appreciation for beauty in form and function is visible in everything that we do, product, marketing, and even our workspace.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to join our Mobile design team and help us create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should be able to focus on visual design and create polished interfaces that align appropriately with the Workable brand.
The ideal candidate should:
- Love creating polished interactive experiences that delight users
- Know how to translate ideas into usable, beautiful visuals
- Understand the importance of motion and interaction in design
- Believe speed and responsiveness of a design is as important as gorgeous visuals
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for the product
- Know how and when to tactfully say, “No.”
- Understand deeply the needs of designing a product that's used by thousands of people every day
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Meeting with the rest of the team and discussing new features and improvements
- Creating wireframes and process flows to define possible solutions to interface challenges
- Designing beautiful, usable mockups that solve the problem at hand in a straightforward way
- Working with the product manager to measure feature adoption
- Talking to our users and pinpointing potential problems
- Iterating on designs based on user feedback
- Maintaining and contributing to our style guide
To be seriously considered you should be able to demonstrate:
- Proven UI/UX design experience with a strong portfolio
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop or other visual design tools
- Good knowledge of prototyping tools like Principle or InVision
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- The ability to multi-task, working to deadline across one or more projects
- A positive attitude and a willingness to work as part of team
As a bonus, candidates should have:
- An academic background in computer science
- Good understanding of Agile methodology, especially with respect to UI/UX design
- Published blog posts or articles on design
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home.
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.