Junior Operations Engineer
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
For our office in Boston we are looking for a Junior Operations Engineer for the Operations team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop software to automate the operational needs of our customers, such as integrating their hiring data with third-party providers
- Develop scripts that automatically monitor and verify the correct end-to-end operation of integrations
- Investigate and resolve (or recommend solution for) production issues
- Respond to technical customer questions and perform operations on behalf of customers, as escalated by the Customer Support team
- Perform root cause analysis for production issues/errors; recommend changes to Product that will reduce future occurrences of errors or improve the customer experience
You must have:
- Minimally, 1 year of experience as a software developer or operations engineer, or significant expose to programming at university or open source projects
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL and Ruby on Rails and Python (or a willingness to learn it)
- B.S. in Computer Science (or other engineering subject with experience in software)
You must be:
- A good communicator with the ability to express yourself clearly and effectively
- Diligent and rigorous, able to appreciate quality and deliver it on a timely basis
- Exceptional collaborator who thrives in a team environment
Bonus points for applied experience in SDLC projects, Operations, Quality Assurance
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- 401(K) Plan
- Mobile Plan
- Health insurance plan
- Free meals, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.