Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
For our office in Athens we are looking for a Data Annotator to work with our data science team and perform annotation on large data sets consisting of images and text.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identification and labelling of named entities in sentences such as companies, locations, job titles and skills.
- Classifying documents as cover letters or CVs
- Labelling faces in images
This is a temporary position with a duration of 4 months and a possibility for an extension for another 6 months.
- A great deal of reliability and attention to detail
- Solid organization skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- A university degree, preferably in linguistics or in a humanities subject
- Oral and written proficiency in English
Special consideration will be given if a candidate has any of the following:
- Proficiency in other languages
- Copywriting or copy-editing experience
- Experience as a translator (either from or to English)
- A background in linguistics
- Prior experience with linguistic annotation
- Prior experience in software quality assurance (QA)
- Prior experience with annotation tools and platforms such Crowdflower, Mechanical Turk, Brat 3.0, GATE
- Knowledge of ontologies, semantic web and text markup languages
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.