Machine Learning Engineer
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
For our office in Athens we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Parsing and extracting key information from uploaded resumes in order to automatically populate candidate profiles
- Performing identity resolution methods to deduplicate profiles coming from multiple sources
- Analyzing candidate profiles in order to predict whether they are likely to be suitable for a particular job description
- Analyzing job descriptions to predict whether they are likely to be effective in attracting candidates
- Building predictive models for candidate sourcing methods
- Ranking candidates and making recommendations based on observations from previous hiring decisions
We already have a strong engineering and data science team dedicated to solving some of the most challenging problems in people search and recruiting. With $27m in venture financing and substantial revenues we have the resources to fund ambitious R&D in data science, and we're looking for equally ambitious, curious and smart scientists to help us re-invent recruiting.
In order to be considered, you must have:
- A minimum of two years of full time industry experience using machine learning or PhD level research that resulted in building a recommendation system for a particular domain
- A postgraduate degree in computer science, statistics or a related subject
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of machine learning principles
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of recommender systems and relevant approaches such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization techniques, multi-armed bandits etc.
- Experience in building and deploying practical recommender systems leveraging big data sources using technologies such as Apache Spark, Neo4J and so on
- Excellent programming skills in a language such as Java or Python
Aside from these basics, we'll give extra credit to candidates that have experience in any of the following:
- Experience in managing Hadoop / Spark / Mesos clusters
- Experience in data analysis using software such as R or MATLAB
- Applying natural language processing techniques (sentiment detection, named entity recognition, machine translation etc...) in a real world project
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Designing and building ontologies, as well as related software
- Enterprise search with Solr or Elastic Search
- PhD in computer science, statistics or related subject
- Scripting knowledge
- Information visualization
- Basic Unix DevOps skills
- Amazon EC2
- Algorithmic Trading / Automated Bidding
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Stock option plan
- Generous mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Continued learning and a generous training budget that includes frequent international conferences, books, online courses
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.