Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have building the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
Workable's commitment to information security and privacy has created a need to strengthen the security team by adding a motivated individual who will be responsible for security testing and monitoring as well as training and enforcing security policies company-wide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls
- Establish plans and protocols to protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Maintain data and monitor security access
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Conduct internal and external security audits
- Anticipate security alerts, incidents and disasters and reduce their likelihood
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Security (Master Degree preferred)
- Experience/Knowledge with one of the following:
- Installing and operating IDS/IPS software (SNORT, Kismet, OSSEC, etc.)
- vulnerability/penetration testing software (Nessus, NMAP, Metasploit, etc.)
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Stock option plan
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Continued learning and a training budget that includes frequent international conferences, books, online courses
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.