Software Engineer (Python)
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to create automation tools to deploy, monitor and troubleshoot our software on a rapidly expanding cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The mission of the Infrastructure Tools team is to automate all software development processes, from development to ongoing operational deployment. This is a software development position.
As a software engineer in this team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Execute the full software lifecycle while developing the required software tools and components for deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting the Workable system
- Create GUI and command-line tools that automate the full deployment and operational life cycle of the software system:
- Launch and provision new server instances
- Deploy software
- Verify system functionality
- Monitor uptime and performance
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Work with Operations teams to ensure that tools are easy to use and effective.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the specific IAAS platform used, work directly with vendors on commercial and technical issues.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
You must have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience developing and maintaining software systems in production (preferably using Python, Ruby or Go), with a focus on back-end systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle) and familiarity with NOSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, etc.)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, SQL).
- Some knowledge of infrastructure-as-a-service provider, preferably in one of AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, VirtualBox, Docker) preferred.
- Experience with monitoring systems (Nagios, Sensu, New Relic, etc) desirable.
- Experience with creating automation software scripts (e.g., Chef, Ansible) desirable.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art information security practices.
You must be:
- Experienced software engineer, familiar with the latest tools and good engineering practices.
- Comfortable with working in a high powered geo-diverse technical team that included other software developers, customers and vendors, and are able to take the leadership role when needed
- Software generalist, you can do anything from write SQL with nested JOINs to read a V8 stack trace.
- You pride yourself in knowing the whole system, not just your part.
- Your focus is on automation.
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Stock option plan
- Generous mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Continued learning and a generous training budget that includes frequent international conferences, books, online courses
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.