Systems Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have building the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we are expanding our cloud infrastructure team.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to deploy, monitor and troubleshoot our software on a rapidly expanding cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Automation is at the core of what we do, you must be able to add to the tools that are used to manage our infrastructure.
As a software engineer in this team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Execute the full software lifecycle while developing tools and software infrastructure for deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting the Workable system.
- Create tools for others to use that proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support on infrastructure problems.
- Liaise with vendors and other technical team personnel for problem resolution.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the specific IAAS platform used, work directly with vendors on commercial and technical issues.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
You must have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX).
- Solid understanding and experience with one of the major IaaS providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, VirtualBox, Docker).
- Experience with monitoring systems (Nagios, Sensu, New Relic, etc).
- Experience with creating automation software scripts (e.g., Chef, Ansible).
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, SQL).
- Experience with large scale RDBMS or/and NoSQL Data Stores administration will be considered a plus.
- Experience maintaining software systems in production (preferably using Python or Ruby) a plus.
- Experience working in an environment where security is designed into the infrastructure and not an afterthought.
You must be:
- Experienced engineer, familiar with the latest tools and good engineering practices for designing and maintaining large network and computing infrastructure
- Comfortable with working in a high powered geo-diverse technical team that included software developers, customers and vendors, and are able to take the leadership role when needed
- You pride yourself in knowing the whole system, not just your part.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Stock option plan
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Continued learning and a training budget that includes frequent international conferences, books, online courses
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.