Site Reliability Engineer
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have building the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace. To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we are expanding our cloud infrastructure team.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work on the tools that will deploy, monitor and optimize our cloud infrastructure and company software, both rapidly expanding. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Automation is at the core of what we do.
As a Site Reliability Engineer in this team, you will be responsible for the following:
- System design consulting in the internal development teams, capacity planning and launch review
- Participate in the full software lifecycle of the development of the automation tools
- Maintain the services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and health
- Maintain security, scalability, and redundancy strategies
You should be able to demonstrate some of the following points:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject involving coding
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including programming experience and/or strong devops experience.
- Experience with a major cloud provider and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration scripts (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with centralized logging systems, metrics, and tooling frameworks
- Strong networking skills, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and load balancers
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle) and familiarity with NOSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Linux systems
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (preferably Python, Ruby, Java, C++, Go)
You must be:
- A cloud oriented sysadmin with good coding skills
- With an interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Driven toward automation
- Comfortable with working in a high powered geo-diverse technical team and able to take the leadership role when needed
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Discounts in wellness programs (gyms and Yoga classes)
- Continued learning and training budget
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.