Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of enterprise users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. With offices in Boston, Greece and London, Workable doubled in size the past year and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
To support this growth and make sure that we can scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands of users, we continue to expand. This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
For our office in Athens we are looking for a Data Engineer in the Data Engineering Team. This is a small but indispensable team within Workable, which is responsible for managing the company's Enterprise Data Warehouse (based on Amazon Redshift) and all related data flows and transformations.
In this role, you will:
- Create interfaces to move data to and from the Data Warehouse and all the internal production systems
- Implement processes and automations that will ensure that the data is correct, reconciling data sources and identifying inconsistencies and data quality issues
- Design and implement ETL processes that prepare the data to be used by internal stakeholders
- Make the data available through various reporting platforms (Tableau, spreadsheets, SQL)
- Consult internal stakeholders on making use of the data available to them
- Occasionally analyse data in order to support business decision making
To succeed in this role, you will need a combination of technical skills with the ability to develop a deep understanding of Workable’s (and each department’s) business.
You must have:
- at least 4 years of work experience, 2 of which in a similar role
- experience with managing data (any combination of data architecture, data quality, metadata management, ETL, reporting, Database administration)
- a strong Computer Science background and knowledge of software development methodologies
- a good grasp of SQL and how to efficiently access various types of database systems (Relational and NoSQL)
- strong programming experience in Python
You must be:
- willing to understand the business of Workable and individual departments
- diligent and rigorous, able to appreciate quality and deliver it on a timely basis
- an exceptional collaborator who thrives in a team environment
Bonus points for applied experience in any of the following: Project Management, Business Analysis, Operations, Statistical analysis, Quality Assurance.
Familiarity with any of the following technologies will be a plus: Redshift, AWS, Airflow, Docker, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Annual training budget
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Discounts in wellness programs (gym memberships and yoga classes)
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.