Sales Development Manager
Workable is changing the way companies find and hire great people. With thousands of global users and millions in venture funding, we have built the best SaaS recruiting software in the world. We are in hyper-growth stage, and looking to hire an experienced business development manager to help us scale and operate one of our key growth initiatives in 2019, expanding outbound sales.
The Sales Development Outbound team is responsible for pipeline growth across the globe from our target customers (companies with less than 1.000 employees). This is primarily done through sales activity on phone and email, with support from marketing.
The ideal candidate will have several years managing sales development B2B teams, a strong track record in hiring, performance management, and managing day to day operations at a big, ideally tech company. They will be able to create a high performance, results-driven culture while building on the existing foundation. Having the right balance between being ‘big picture’ and ‘hands on’ will be critical to this role, as the role will require both skills and a ‘practical mind’. This is a high impact role for an individual with experience leading teams at a big company, who wants the autonomy to own a career-defining position.
Εxcellent customer service and communication skills will be seriously appreciated.
- Responsible for delivering on Outbound growth initiative goals
- Leadership position in a newly created office in Athens
- Manages, through team leads, a team of Outbound Business Development Representatives each responsible for growing pipeline in specific territories and regions
- Manages operational day to day of Outbound Team - including shifts and territory coverage
- Participates in the recruiting process of Business Development Representatives, and makes hiring decisions
- Consistently meet or exceed goals (Activity, Hiring, Pipeline Creation) and hold self and others accountable for expected results
- Drive sales development representative activity metrics (calls made, accounts reached, appointments booked etc.)
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff
- Act as an internal sales expert and partner with business development and sales operations leadership to help assess, measure and enhance the performance of sales outreach activities
- Assess and analyze team needs with recommendations on training plans and programs to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Proven experience as a business development manager or similar position (3-5 years)
- Demonstrate an ability to coach one on one and hold individuals accountable for results and provide timely and specific feedback to improve performance
- Solid understanding of reporting and forecasting procedures
- Understanding or hands-on experience in the information technology sector and B2B sales or customer support
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done
- Proficiency in CRM or relevant software
- Project management skills will be considered a plus
- Optimism and positivity are virtues we always appreciate here at Workable
- Knowledge of performance evaluation of sales key performance indicators
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Discounts in wellness programs (gym memberships and yoga classes)
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home.
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to colour, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.